S07E13: Multiplying Capabilities with VIP Guest Pratt Dey
Pratt Dey is a Global Director of AWS where he had led several of the company’s most important strategic initiatives. He currently leads a global team for Strategic Partner Engagements and has led AWS’ strategic collaboration with industry leading Channel Partners and technology startups for multi-year agreements to go to market and co-sell differentiated cloud solutions. Additionally, he has global responsibility for the governance and interlock with corporate development for due diligence and equity investments into early-stage startups.
Pratt is founder and President of the Board, ActOn since 2013. ActOn is a 501(c)(3) non-profit platform for global education and investment in the performing arts.
On a personal note, I know Pratt from IIT Kharagpur days, where we went to Engineering college together. I feel fortunate to see his career and life evolve and blossom over the years.
Here are some key insights from this week’s show:
– Success is never final, neither is failure fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.
– Live at the intersection of value, love, what you are good at, and what you aspire to be.
– Find your instinct and trust it.
– Simplify things and then scale your success.
– Think big to see opportunities to better everything you do.
– Never feel you are done, always learn and continue to evolve.
– The drive and desire to get better makes us appreciate what we have.
– Create an opportunity that correlates with the true equity of your DNA.
– Reinvent with a purpose.
– Understanding people is by listening actively.
– Drive growth and scalability by multiplying your capabilities and skills through others.
Watch the video version here: https://youtu.be/en5VtMFQ2Ks